Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cajun Barbecued Shrimp for dinner

Last night the hubby made me one of my favorite dishes of all time! The dish is a Cajun dish, Barbecued Shrimp with a side of collard greens. The Barbecued Shrimp recipe is one of Paul Prudohomme's. Let me tell you, it's not one of the healthiest dishes because it's loaded with butter, but it is so DELICIOUS! I was good all week, so it was ok for me to eat it. The collard greens were really good too and that is a recipe that my husband put together after his many trips to New Orleans.



Victor's Collard Greens

Now Remember that this recipe is just estimated because my husband, just like his mother likes to add just a little of this and a little of that (I really dislike that).

Ingredients

1 bushel of Collard Greens 
2 strips of bacon
1 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp of vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

1. Chop collard greens, thin (chiffonade) and set aside.
2. Cook bacon to almost crisp and set aside.
3. Discard bacon fat from pan, but leave about 1 tbsp.
4. Chop up bacon and return to pan.  Add vinegar and sugar until it simmers, then add the greens.
5. Toss the greens and cover.
6. Wilt the green for about 20 minutes until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Then serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment