Sunday, October 26, 2014

Library Entrance


When I started working at the Kennedy library, I did not like looking at the door of the library. It was boring and hanging on the door, covering the window were some horrible old blinds that had been there for many years. They were dusty, dirty, half of them were missing and they did not cover the window completely. One day I pulled the string and to lift them and the string came out. It was time to do something but what? That same month, we had our district library monthly meeting and it was held at the Graham School library. The library clerk at that school, Teri, has been with the district for many years and she is the one person that I go to with all my questions. She is very creative and a very nice person that is always willing to help. When I walked into her library, I noticed that she had something covering her window and it was awesome. I should have taken a picture of it because it was better then what I came up with but I needed something quick and something that didn't take too much time (Teri's was actually made out of wood).



This is what I came up with. I trimmed a piece of cardboard so that it would fit into the window frame on the door. I then wrapped the cardboard with some black butcher paper used for bulletin boards. Then I wrapped some fall like fabric that I had in the library. I stapled some black construction paper on top of that, decorated it with a poster, a sign made on Microsoft Publisher and a couple of book clipart also from Microsoft Publisher.


On the back side, I stapled a poster to the cardboard, added a couple more clipart pixs and another sign that I made using Microsoft Publisher and that's it. I was ready to place it into the window frame but how was it going to stay in place?



I originally used glue dots but it did not stay in place. I then used double sided foam tape, cut small pieces and placed them around the cardboard and that seems to be working so far. We will see if this solution works once the weather gets colder. Teri from Graham used the plastic clips used to hold up mirrors but hers is made out of wood. I hope you find this useful. I am going to have to go to Teri's library and and get some pictures of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment